Friday, February 3, 2012

My First Lesson

Imagine a class where the professor is not expert on the subject, (as well as the students.....) well, that was my first lesson at the University of Makeni.
I taught how to use word and power point for students of computer science course. At first I had prepared some examples of resumes, letters of introduction, etc., but since some of them were not able to do the double click with the mouse, I started with the basics, like how to hold a mouse, hot to write, etc.
The fact is that there is not electricity power in this city, therefore nobody will think about to send a CV or emails to any company.
They're studying right now with what the University make available, and what surprised me (but I have a little expectation of it) is their thirst for knowledge and learning.
For my part, I am also learning how to leave with measured electricity, rationed water, without appliances, etc.
However, at the end the lesson has been rather successful, and we'll continue next week!!!
See You. . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment